Mobile devices are used to access or store personal and private information—notes, photos, contacts, financial accounts, saved passwords, and more. It is important that you properly secure and manage your mobile devices to protect your personal information.
You may also be permitted to access or maintain sensitive institutional data using your mobile devices. If so, you are expected to properly secure and manage the devices. See Your Responsibilities For Protecting University Data When Using Your Own Devices for a complete list of your responsibilities when accessing sensitive U-M data from your own devices.
Securing and Managing Your Device
Related Policies and Standards
- Responsible Use of Information Resources (SPG 601.07)
- Security of Personally Owned Devices that Access or Maintain Sensitive Institutional Data (SPG 601.33)
- Unit-Specific Requirements for Self-Management of Personally Owned Devices that Access Sensitive Institutional Data (DS-07)
- Tech Tools: Cell Phones and Portable Electronic Resources (SPG 514.04)
UMHS Staff Mobile Devices
U-M Health System (UMHS) staff members who wish to access MiChart and/or their UMHS Outlook/Exchange email, calendar, and contacts on their mobile devices must enroll them in the AirWatch mobile device management system.
- AirWatch for Mobile Devices (UMHS KnowledgeBase; login with UMHS Level-2 password required.)
- Mobile Devices - Supported Services. Includes enrollment instructions and FAQs. (Medical Center Information Technology (MCIT) webpage; login with UMHS Level-2 password required.)
- UHMS Two Factor Authentication Information has more information on UMHS and two-factor authentication. (Login with UMHS Level-2 password required.)