IIA provides a variety of training opportunities to members of the university community.
Cyber Security Basics
- Don't Fall for Phish! Test your phish detection skills in this U-M online training. You will review email messages and decide which are phishing scams and which are legitimate messages. You'll also get to review the clues that indicate phishiness.
- Using Your Devices Securely with U-M Data. Learn how to set up your device and manage U-M data at home and abroad.
- Copyright Compliance Quiz. Test your knowledge of what music, movies, books, and more you can and cannot share from you computer and mobile devices.
Specialized Cyber Security Training
- Courses Presented by Merit Professional Development. Available to staff from U-M Ann Arbor, Health System, Flint, and Dearborn campuses. Topics include cyber security for executives, cyber security for technical staff, secure coding, secure web application engineering, and more.
Training Required for Data Access
- DCE 101: Access and Compliance: Handling Sensitive Institutional Data at U-M (in My LINC). Required training for access to administrative and other systems.
- ITSE101: HIPAA and Protected Health Information: What ITS Staff Need to Know (in My LINC). Required training for Information and Technology Services (ITS) staff and some others who may have access to systems containing HIPAA data.
- ITSE102: Payment Card Industry Security Standards and ITS (in My LINC). Required training for staff who may have access to systems containing PCI data.
- ITSE202: PCI Information for Technical Staff (in My LINC). Required training for staff with access to systems containing PCI data.