Information Assurance (IA) provides a variety of training opportunities to members of the university community.
Cyber Security Basics
- Look Before You Click. Beware of Phishing! (in My LINC). Learn how to protect yourself from phishing, including spear phishing. Recognize clues that reveal phishing emails, inspect links in suspicious emails, identify what to do if you are not sure about an email, and take corrective steps if you take the bait.
- Don't Fall for Phish! Test your phish detection skills in this U-M online training. You will review email messages and decide which are phishing scams and which are legitimate messages. You'll also get to review the clues that indicate phishiness.
- Using Your Devices Securely with U-M Data. Learn how to set up your device and manage U-M data at home and abroad.
- Copyright Compliance Quiz. Test your knowledge of what music, movies, books, and more you can and cannot share from you computer and mobile devices.
Training Required for Data Access
- DCE 101: Access and Compliance: Handling Sensitive Institutional Data at U-M (in My LINC). Required training for access to administrative and other systems.
- ITSE101: HIPAA and Protected Health Information: What ITS Staff Need to Know (in My LINC). Required training for Information and Technology Services (ITS) staff and some others who may have access to systems containing HIPAA data.
- ITSE102: Payment Card Industry Security Standards and ITS (in My LINC). Required training for staff who may have access to systems containing PCI data.
- ITSE202: Advanced PCI Training (in My LINC). Required training for staff with access to systems containing PCI data.