Install this Chrome extension—created by IA staff for the
Warns About Malicious Websites and More
- Warns you when you are about to visit malicious websites masquerading as the
- Warns you when you are about to visit other web sites that have been identified by
U-MIT security staff as significant threats targeting the U-Mcommunity.
- Automatically reports malicious web pages to
U-MIT security staff so that they can take action to further protect the U-Mcommunity.
- Does not identify individuals who are using the extension when reporting malicious sites.
- Does not interfere with everyday web browsing activity.
How to Install
- Click this link to go to the extension's page in the Chrome Web Store (for
U-Muse only): Chrome Store: U-MSafe Computing Website Checker ( U-Mlogin required via a Safe Computing page that will redirect you to the Chrome Web Store)
- Click the ADD TO CHROME button.
- Read the disclaimer, then click Add Extension.
- A yellow checkmark in a blue circle will appear in the top right corner of all your Chrome browser windows to let you know the extension is working.
When you install the extension, you will be notified that, "It can read and change all data on the websites you visit." This is required to allow the extension to detect malicious websites (read data) and to display warning messages (change data). The extension does not collect or send user-identifiable browsing history information.