Protect Privacy at U-M
- Video: Privacy - We Are Our Choices (2:21)
- Choosing How Much Information to Show in Your MCommunity Profile
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Compliance
- MCommunity Groups Privacy and E-Mail Settings
- Security and Privacy in the U-M Google Environment
- Use "Personal and Private" Folders to Protect Privacy
- U-M Windows Forest: Guidelines for Release of Security Log Information
- Getting Access to Someone Else's Account (guidance from Information Assurance describing the rare circumstances under which such access may be permitted and the procedures for requesting it)
Questions or Comments?
Contact the University Privacy Officer for university-related privacy concerns, assistance with university privacy-related matters, or if you have questions about U-M's privacy program. Send email to email@example.com.
You are responsible for complying with the policies and standards below.
- Office of the Registrar: The University of Michigan Student Rights and Student Records (includes information about FERPA)
- Privacy and the Need to Monitor and Access Records (SPG 601.11)
- Proper Use of Security Cameras (SPG 606.01)
- Social Security Number Privacy and Protection Standard (DS-10)
- WiFi Location Data Privacy Statement