Protect Your Privacy at U-M
- Video: Privacy - We Are Our Choices (2:21)
- Choosing How Much Information to Show in Your MCommunity Profile
- MCommunity Groups Privacy and E-Mail Settings
- Security and Privacy in the U-M Google Environment
- Use "Personal and Private" Folders to Protect Privacy
- U-M Windows Forest: Guidelines for Release of Security Log Information
Privacy Policies and Regulations
- Office of the Registrar: The University of Michigan Student Rights and Student Records (includes information about FERPA)
- Privacy and the Need to Monitor and Access Records (SPG 601.11)
- Proper Use of Security Cameras (SPG 606.01)
- Social Security Number Privacy and Protection Standard (DS-10)
- Getting Access to Someone Else's Account (guidance from Information Assurance describing the rare circumstances under which such access may be permitted and the procedures for requesting it)
Questions or Comments?
Contact the University Privacy Officer for university-related privacy concerns, assistance with university privacy-related matters, or if you have questions about U-M's privacy program. Send email to email@example.com.