You can change and update your Duo options any time. See:
- Change your Duo Options and Settings for instructions with screenshots.
- How-to Video: Add a Device in Duo and Manage Settings (1:25)
If you replace a device or phone number and you don't have a backup option (such as an office landline) enrolled in Duo, you may be unable to log in to update your settings. No worries. You can call the ITS Service Center for a bypass code to let you in.
Got a New Smartphone?
If you replace your smartphone with a new one but keep the same phone number, you'll need to install the Duo Mobile app on your new phone and reactivate the app.
- Refer to Change Your Duo Options and Settings for the detailed steps.
- Before you sell or give away your old device, back it up and then erase all content and settings.
Got a New Phone Number?
- To add the new number, go to Turn On Two-Factor (Duo) for Weblogin, log in, and click Enroll a backup or alternate device. For instructions, see Add a New Device in Duo (Phone Number or Mobile App).
- Delete any phone numbers you no longer use. Refer to Change Your Duo Options and Settings for the detailed steps.
Switching to the App?
- Follow the instructions in Enroll a Smartphone or Tablet in Duo.
Want to Change Your Default Device?
Your default device is the one Duo presents when you log in. To change the default, refer to Change Your Duo Options and Settings.
Remove Unneeded Devices and Phone Numbers
Remove phone numbers and devices that you no longer have or use from your Duo options. Refer to Change Your Duo Options and Settings for the detailed steps.
Report lost or stolen devices! If you used a lost or stolen device to access or maintain sensitive university data, report the theft or loss, and ask to have the device deleted from your Duo options if you are unable to do that yourself. See Report an IT Security Incident.