You now have more power than ever before to control your digital identity and important financial and other sensitive accounts. Take some time to learn how to to protect your identity, information, and accounts and be safe online.
- Be a Good Digital Citizen
Practicing good digital citizenship makes online experiences safer and more pleasant for you and others.
- Use a Secure Internet Connection
Choose the best network for your environment and employ tools to make them more secure.
- Turn On Two-Factor Authentication
Your password needs a partner—in the form of two-factor authentication.
- Set Your Web Browser for Security & Privacy
Keep your software updated, review your settings, use plug-ins and pop-ups sparingly, and consider private browsing and searching.
- Protect Your Online Shopping
Secure your environment, know who you're dealing with, and avoid the traps.
- Consider Metadata When Sending Files
The files you send via email, social media, etc. contain info you may not want others to know.