Data Type Description
Export Controlled Research includes information that is regulated for reasons of national security, foreign policy, anti-terrorism, or non-proliferation. The International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Export Administration Regulations (EAR) govern this data type. Current law requires that this data be stored in the U.S and that only authorized U.S. persons be allowed access to it.
- Chemical and biological agents
- Scientific satellite information
- Certain software or technical data
- Military electronics
- Certain nuclear physics information
- Documents detailing work on new formulas for explosives