History of Privacy
- Online Privacy: How Did We Get Here? (July 2013). A PBS Digital Studios video discussing the history and evolution of online privacy concerns. (8 minutes)
- From Ancient to Modern: The Changing Face of Personal Data (IAPP Privacy Perspectives, April 2017). A look at privacy from ancient to modern times by Cherri-Ann Beckles.
Analysis and Policy
- Center for Democracy & Technology. The center supports laws, corporate policies, and technology tools that protect the privacy of internet users.
- Pew Research Center: Internet, Science, and Tech. A nonpartisan fact tank that informs the public about the issues, attitudes and trends shaping America and the world. Includes reports such as these: Privacy and Cybersecurity: Key findings from Pew Research (January 2015), and Americans' Attitudes About Privacy, Security and Surveillance (May 2015).
- Perpetual Line-Up: Unregulated Police Face Recognition in America (October 2016). Georgetown Law Center on Privacy & Technology's look at the unregulated use of facial recognition technologies by policing agencies in the United States.
- Privacy Trends 2016. Report from Ernst & Young Global Limited.