M+Box Additional Apps (Non-Core)
Description of Service:
Box Apps are downloadable applications available from Box (a non-university service) that can be used with M+Box (a U-M contracted-for service). Some Box Apps are free; others can be purchased from Box.
Description of Compliance:
Box Apps may not be used to share or maintain any of the university’s sensitive data because they are not covered by the university’s M+Box agreement.
Key: Storage Permission Levels
Permitted with IIA Consultation
For IIA consultation, please contact the ITS Service Center
Using M+Box Additional Apps (Non-Core) with Data
M+Box Additional Apps (Non-Core) has the following Sensitive Data restrictions....
- Attorney/Client Privileged
- Credit Card or Payment Card Industry (PCI) Information
- Export Controlled Research (ITAR or EAR)
- Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) Data
- IT Security Information
- Other University Sensitive Data
- Private Personal Information (PPI)
- Protected Health Information (HIPAA)
- Sensitive Identifiable Human Subject Research
- Social Security Numbers
- Student Education Records (FERPA)
- Student Loan Application Information (GLBA)