Sensitive Data Guide to IT Services
This guide supports the Sensitive Regulated Data: Permitted and Restricted Uses Standard. It helps you make informed decisions about where to safely store and share sensitive data using IT services available on the U-M Ann Arbor campus. Select a data type and service, click Go! and find out if you can use that combination legally and securely, and why or why not. See Recent Updates for newly added services and other updates. If you have questions about a data type or IT service not included here, contact the ITS Service Center.
Guidance provided here applies only to those on the U-M Ann Arbor campus. If you telecommute or work full-time overseas in U-M international offices, the guidance here may not apply; for clarification about accessing sensitive institutional data in these situations, consult with your departmental administrators and reference the Compliance Resource Center.
SearchFind out which service can be used for which data types
Tip: To see a full list of data types and storage permissions, select "All Data Types" and "All Services" above.
Browse Data Types (more info)
Browse IT Tools & Services (more info)
- Data Warehouse
- Desktop Backup (Powered by CrashPlan)
- Desktop Virtualization (VDI)
- ITS Exchange Email and Calendar
- M Cloud - Amazon Web Services GovCloud
- M Cloud Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- M+Box Additional Apps (Non-Core)
- M+Box Core Apps
- M+Google Additional Services (Non-Core)
- M+Google Drive (Docs)
- M+Google Mail and Calendar
- M+Google Sites, Talk, Groups, Tasks
- Mainstream Storage